HART is a 100% volunteer, non-profit animal rescue organization. We accept animals from puppy mills, stray cats and dogs, animal abuse victims, and overflow from shelters, etc. There is never a lack of work, only a lack of volunteers.
There are many volunteer opportunities available at HART. A few are listed below. You may volunteer to help with as many as you like. If you do not see something listed that you would like to do please let us know. We are always open to suggestions and new ideas.
- Foster homes always needed: Click here to learn more about becoming a foster.
- Animal transport: There are times when a foster cannot pick up or deliver an animal to/from vet appointment, adoption events, or between fosters. Transport volunteers assist in getting the animals to where they need to go. Additional transport opportunities exist to pick up rescued animals from shelters and transport them to one of our veterinarians for examination.
- Adoption Follow up: These volunteers call or email the new family and may visit the animals in their new home to make sure the animal and family are happy and adjusting to being together
- Special Events: Throughout the year HART plans and schedules adoption and fundraising events such as a golf tournament and dinner that includes raffle baskets, silent and live auction items. Volunteers are need to plan and run these events.
- Donations: We always need item donated by businesses and individuals for our raffle and auction baskets. Volunteers are needed to solicit donations, pick up donations, and assemble the donated items into baskets. These account for a large part of our fundraising.
Please email us with your interests. We would love to have you join the rescue team!